AG Advisory Committee
The AG Advisory Board’s Role In The Property Tax System
Sec. 6.12 of the Texas’s Property Tax Code, requires chief appraisers to appoint an agricultural appraisal advisory board. The legislature created this advisory board to help improve communications between the farming and ranching community and the appraisal district. The board’s purpose is to advise the chief appraiser on the appraisal and use of agricultural land.
Ag boards must have three to five members and meet at least once annually at the call of the chief appraiser, as required in Tax Code Section 6.12. By appointing the required Ag board and conducting the required annual meetings the board and chief appraiser support the CAD in improving its appraisal and classification of agricultural land.
- January 1, 2020 – New Year’s Day
- January 20, 2020 – Martin Luther King Day
- February 17, 2020 – President’s Day
- April 10, 2020 – Good Friday
- May 25, 2020 – Memorial Day
- July 3, 2020 – Independence Day
- September 7, 2020 – Labor Day
- October 12, 2020 – Columbus Day
- November 11, 2020 – Veterans Day
- November 26-79, 2020 – Thanksgiving
- December 24-25, 2020 – Christmas